Whether you opt to experiment with endless toppings or choose your favorite fixings, this is an easy weeknight go-to.
Interested in making dinner prep even simpler? Follow our bulk cooking poached chicken instructions earlier in the week and you’ll already be halfway to dinner on taco night.
1½ teaspoons garlic salt
2 teaspoons chili powder
¼ teaspoon cumin
1 pound chicken tenderloins, cooked and shredded
¼ cup of water
2 cloves garlic
Whole wheat tortillas (we recommend Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods brand)
Desired taco fixings such as refried beans, sour cream, cheese, avocado, and salsa
- In a small bowl, prepare taco seasoning by combining garlic salt, chili powder, and cumin.
- Heat precooked chicken in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add taco seasoning and garlic and heat through.
- Add water to spice and meat mixture and allow to cook until liquid is gone.
- If desired, heat tortillas before serving. Use a skillet large enough to fit your tortillas. Using a dry skillet over medium-high heat, add tortilla to pan and brown on each side (probably about 1 minute per side).
- Build your tacos by serving with your favorite fixings!