This is one versatile mix that’s always useful to have on hand for marinades, seasoning, dips, and–of course–dressing.
¼ cup dried parsley
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons dried chives
1 teaspoon dill weed
½ teaspoon chipotle powder
½ teaspoon black pepper
- Mix all ingredients until well blended. For a more finely-ground seasoning mix, pulse in a food processor.
- Store in an airtight container or zip-closure bag.
Use dry mix to season vegetables before roasting or grilling, or as a marinade for meats.
High-protein salad dressing or veggie dip:
- Add one tablespoon of mix with 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan, 6 tablespoons olive oil, and ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt.
- Add salt to taste and adjust consistency as needed.
- Add one tablespoon of mix to ½ cup of mayonnaise and one of plain yogurt.
- Add salt to taste and adjust consistency as needed (add a little milk or water if it’s too thick).