Experiencing vegetable overload? UK Dietitian Vanessa Oliver, M.S. R.D., L.D. shares her expertise in nutrition, along with career experience in farming and restaurants, to help you get the most out of your CSA.
Receiving a bounty of farm-fresh produce every week is fun and exciting, but not without a few challenges. The good news is, the nature and setup of a CSA is ripe with potential for boosting your culinary confidence and skills.
Watch our video for creative (and easy!) strategies to become a pro CSA-er and improve your skills as a home chef. You’ll discover:
- Under-appreciated techniques for food prep like julienning and more
- Easy kitchen preparations for your vegetables and how to save your refrigerator space.
- Clever and delicious ways to use vegetables during every meal
- Recipes for a protein-rich ranch dressing and green hummus
- Tips for embracing a CSA mindset
How to use all those CSA vegetables:
Ranked in order of those that taste-most-like-vegetables to least. Click to explore our recipes (more recipes will be added after each upcoming cooking demo event).
- Sautéed with garlic and oil
- Baked or roasted
- Soups and stews
- Pasta sauces
- Egg-based recipes
- Pastries and pancakes