These sandwiches are packed with delicious flavors from roasted vegetables and aromatic herb pesto, perfect for your everyday lunch.
2 cups of torn kale
1/2 cup of olive oil
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 clove garlic
Juice of one lemon
1/4 to 1/2 cup of raw almonds
Your choice of bread (we used Italian in this recipe)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cut all vegetables* into same-sized pieces (roughly 1″). Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Roast on parchment paper or foil-lined rimmed cookie sheet for 20-25 minutes or until fork-tender. Baking time may need to be adjusted depending on the thickness of the vegetables.
*Vegetables of a similar texture have similar cook times, so make sure not to mix vegetables with different cook times on the same pan. For example you could cook potatoes, winter squash, turnips, carrots and kohlrabi on one pan, but then do eggplant, onion, sweet pepper and summer squash on a different pan.
- Combine kale, olive oil, garlic, salt, lemon juice and almonds in the food processor.
- Blend until you get your desired consistency.
- Fill your bread slices or hollow out loaf with pesto and roasted vegetables
- Slice to serve