These sandwiches are packed with delicious flavors from roasted vegetables and aromatic herb pesto, perfect for your everyday lunch.
2 cups of torn kale
1/2 cup of olive oil
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 clove garlic
Juice of one lemon
1/4 to 1/2 cup of raw almonds
Italian Bread (or one of your choice)
Roasted Vegetable Master Recipe
- Preheat oven to 425
- Cut all vegetables* into same-sized pieces (roughly 1″). Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste
- Roast on parchment paper or foil-lined rimmed cookie sheet for 20-25 minutes or until fork-tender. Baking time may need to be adjusted depending on the thickness of the vegetables.
*Group similarly textured vegetables together. So: potatoes, winter squash, turnips, carrots, kohlrabi on one pan; eggplant, onion, sweet pepper, summer squash on a different pan. That way they will all cook correctly.
Kale Pesto Recipe
- Combine kale, olive oil, garlic, salt, lemon juice and almonds in the food processor
- Blend until you get your desired consistency
- Fill your bread slices or hollow out loaf with pesto and roasted vegetables
- Slice to serve